Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Labels - Description field not added to pipe

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
246 Views, 1 Reply

Pressure Pipe Labels - Description field not added to pipe

With gravity Pipe Networks, the Description in a Catalog would populate the Description field in a Parts Lists when added, and that would then populate the Description field for that pipe or structure. This doesn't seem to be the case for Pressure Pipe Networks. I add a Description in my new Catalog, it imports into the Parts Lists as I add them, but it doesn't transfer to the Pipe or Fitting description fields. I always used this feature previously to label my structures or pipe (4' WWMH, 18" RCP, etc.), but now it looks like my option is to copy the Description into the Model Name (or other) field in my Catalog.

Anyone else have this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears that a feature that was available for Pipe Networks was left out in Pressure Pipe Networks.

If you Edit Feature Settings for Pipe Networks in the Settings tab of Toolspace, there is a section for Pipe Network Defaults.

This section is not included with Pressure Pipe Networks.

I found this a useful feature for labeling my Pipes and Structures, it would be nice if this was included in Pressure Pipes. It was easily edited in the Parts List and could be modified to automatically label your parts.

PipeNetworkDefaults.JPG 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report