Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe - How do I create new fittings?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
kpettibone
4312 Views, 12 Replies

Pressure Pipe - How do I create new fittings?

The default parts catalog is a good start, but for production watermain design, it is lacking.  How do I add new fittings and appurtanences to the content catalog?  I know how to add/modify existing pipe/fittings properties, but there does not appear to be a way to add new fitting models.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle Pettibone, P.E.

RH2 Engineering, Inc.

Project Manager/CAD Manager

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mathewkol
in reply to: kpettibone

As far as I know there is no way.  I have asked the questions and have not received any good answers.  Not to say that it doesn't exist.  I have not found one or been informed about one.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 13
kpettibone
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks Matt for your response to this (and my previous post asking a similar question).  I am really hoping someone from Autodesk will actually respond to at least acknowledge that this is an issue that is being addressed.  Frankly I can not believe that more of the C3D community is not making this a bigger issue.  Almost all of the posts I've seen are asking about PVC pipe, but no one seems to even realize that the lack of PVC pipe is only the tip of the iceberg.

AUTODESK, PLEASE RESPOND.  How do we add new fittings/appurtenances to the pressure pipe catalog!?

Message 4 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

Actually there is a way to make your pipes PVC.  However, creating new fittings, I have no idea.  

If you're interested in changing your pipes to PVC, and creating custom sizes and such, you can read Being Civil's blog located at the link below.  Take note to read the comments.  I asked them where to find the Content Catalog Editor and they explain where it is in the comments.

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/04/introduction-to-the-pressure-pipes-catalog.html

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 13
kpettibone
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Todd, Thanks but I already know how to create new pipe materials.  That is NOT the issue.  What I need to know is HOW DO I CREATE NEW FITTINGS?

Message 6 of 13
dana.probert

This might help:

Search your computer for a doc called: PartPublishingWizardUsersGuide

On my machine, I found it here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\Sample\Civil 3D API\Part Publishing Wizard

Please make note of the opening paragraph of the document:

This document serves as a quick tutorial for using the Part Publishing Wizard which ships with Civil3D 2013.   This is an unsupported tool which provides a method for promoting an AutoCAD 3D Solid into an “official” pressure piping part that can be inserted into pressure piping networks.

Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 7 of 13
lawreyj20

Do you need to download software to modify the parts in the SQlite file?

I'm trying to create new pipes for PVC and DIP however I'm having trouble finding where to look. Had no problem in 12 but 13 seems different.

Jeff

Windows 7, C3d 2012, 64 bit
Message 8 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: lawreyj20

They did not have pressure pipes in 2012.  You will need to go to the Start menu, All Programs, Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, Content Catalog Editor. This is where you change your pipe material for pressure pipes.  Make sure you change the fittings to the same material as well, or it will not work correctly.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 9 of 13
lawreyj20

Any tip on how to add hydrants?

Jeff

Message 10 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

Unfortunately that's out of my realm.  Read Dana's post on how to browse and find instructions on this.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 11 of 13
lawreyj20

Todd

Thank you for getting back to me. I will do some more research on this. Just frustrating since I was able to do most of my work with pipe networks and had no problems.

Jeff

Message 12 of 13
ToddRogers-WPM

No problem.  I totally understand.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 13 of 13
ccole

We have created all PVC pressure pipes parts list and are selling the catalog.  Please watch the video below.  If you have any questions or would like to purchase the catalog, please send me an email.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y7K8zk6t1s&feature=youtu.be

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report