Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe - How do I create new fittings and add it to the content catalog?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
kpettibone
11673 Views, 20 Replies

Pressure Pipe - How do I create new fittings and add it to the content catalog?

I realize the C3D 2013 has just been released, but hoping that someone involved in the beta or Autodesk employee can offer some guidance.  The default parts catalog is a good start, but for production watermain design, it is lacking.  Therefore, I am trying to determine how do add additional content to the parts library.  

I have explored the Content Catalog Editor and have been able to add new pipe materials, but it appears that the only way that I can import a part is with a .CONTENT file.  Is there any documentation on how this file is supposed to be configured or created?  Is there any documentation on the Content Catalog Editor in general?  We need to be able to add new pipe, fittings, valves, appurtanences in order to make this new feature usable in a production environment.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle Pettibone, P.E.

RH2 Engineering, Inc.

Project Manager/CAD Manager

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
jpatriquin
in reply to: dana.probert

I know how to build my pressure fittings and save them as .CONTNT files. I also know where to find my Content Catalog Editor.

My problem is that when I go to add a new part (either to an existing catalog or start a new one) it will only allow me to add pipe parts no caps/cross/reducers/etc.

Is anybody else having this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report