Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Fitting & Appurtenance Styles - User Block Annotative

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jking
1547 Views, 7 Replies

Pressure Pipe Fitting & Appurtenance Styles - User Block Annotative

Does anyone know of a way to make the "User-Defined Block" option under the Fitting/Appurtenance Styles (Plan tab) be annotative?

The blocks I created to use here are set to be annotative, but when I change the annotative scale it seems to ignore that and not change the size of the block.

I want to do this primarily due to Fire Hydrants, a lot of our plans are generated at 1"=50' and to get the Fire Hydrants to display at that scale we have a block that is exaggerated in size, however, when we do have a plan that is at a smaller scale, say 1"=20' the default block is too large and I was hoping there was a way to make them annotative so they would size to the current scale.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

J. King

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: jking

Judging from my tests and from what the HELP says about the User-Defined Block option, it doesn't appear that this is possible at this time: 

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/filesCUG/GUID-8FD69E5C-083D-4EC4-B1E9-35C0BFF0DE86.htm#GUID-...

You may want to post this in the "Wishes" section or leave your feedback here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

It's also possible that other users have found ways to accomplish a similar task, and I encourage anyone to chime in with an suggestions.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
BrianHailey

Absolutely nothing I've done can make these fittings annotative other then adding annotative blocks to the drawing that are not a part of the pressure network. Fittings can't be annotative (for some reason), labels can't be rotated, labels aligned with the objects don't work because, even though the fitting looks rotated when you use the "Pipes and Fittings" command, they aren't rotated.

I'm at a lose. Anyone else have any ideas?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: BrianHailey

Anything but a pres network... 😮

plines, dyn blocks & profile

algmnt, profile & C3D labels (blocks in labels can scale)

Pipe Network

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
aphelan0032
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Any luck in 2017?

Message 6 of 8

I'm using 2017 and I've looked in 2018, there's still no option to use drawing scale.

So just to confirm, the only solution right now is to create multiple styles for every scale and adjust the block scale accordingly?

Message 7 of 8
jherman7QTNM

Anyone had luck for 2021?

Message 8 of 8
MSchille-1994

I am seeing no resolution to this in 2023.  Amazing that the programming process has to be completely different with reinventing the wheel.  Structures can be scaled, but not fittings or appurtenances.  Pipe Networks have a drop down menu, but not pressure networks.  Autodesk needs more drafters and civil engineers employed.  It would make this more of a drafting tool than what it currently is.

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report