Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Catalog not recognized

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
areese9779
9324 Views, 16 Replies

Pressure Pipe Catalog not recognized

Hi all,

I think this question should be so easy to answer, that I am feeling a bit foolish for asking, but here goes.  I am trying to set my pressure pipe catalog, but when I browse to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\ and hit open, I get a dialogue that states "There are no Pressure Network Catalogs in this folder".  I have tried selecting folders farther down the list (Imperial, Imperial_AWWA_Flanged, etc) with no success.  I have opened the sqlite files using the Content Editor, and I can see all the parts and sizes there.  I just can't figure out how to open the catalog from Civil 3D.  Any help on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Humbly yours,

Andy

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Jay_B
in reply to: areese9779

Default location for Imperial here is set to:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Imperial\

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 17
areese9779
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the response.  I have tried selecting that folder, and all I get is the message about no pressure catalogs being in that folder.  Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Andy

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Message 4 of 17
Jay_B

Hi Andy,

I did a quick test (because if I try to remap it to a folder without the catalog info) I get the same message "There are no Pressure Network Catalogs in this folder".

Copied the contents of:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Imperial\

To:

C:\Users\myname\Documents\Pressure Pipes Catalog\

Then was able to map to new location  and map back to default location normally.

(see attached for default folder contents).

Not sure what's happening for you. 2014 SP 1 here.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 17
areese9779
in reply to: Jay_B

Hi Jay,

Thanks for taking a closer look at things for me.  I took a look at several additional computers in our office, and selecting the pipe catalog functions exactly as one would expect.  Unfortunately, I think that means I am going to have to do a repair or reinstall.  Not what I was hoping for, but at least it is a start.

Thanks again for your help - it is much appreciated!

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Message 6 of 17
areese9779

Just to close the thread, I took a look at several machines around our office, and noticed that all of those machines were recognizing the various libraries with no trouble at all, so I tried a repair, which did not solve the problem.  I then did a reinstall (without the full uninstall - nice feature by the way), and that appears to have fixed the issue.  Not sure what caused the problem, or even how long it has been a problem for, but it appears that all is well now.

Thanks again for the extra sets of eyes and ideas!

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Message 7 of 17

How does one reinstall without a full uninstall?

C3D 2013 SP2

Message 8 of 17

It was an option through the Add/Remove Programs of the control panel.  I'm not sure if that was there on C3D 2013 though.

Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Message 9 of 17
Kristow4

I was looking through the registry and saw that there was a key/folder "AeccUiNetwork100" (for Civil 3D 2014) in this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Preferences

This folder points to the gravity pipe catalogs.

In another profile, "<<Unnamed Profile>>\Preferences", there was a key/folder named "AeccPressurePipes100" containing (4) registry keys with paths to the pressure pipe catalogs.

Here is how I fixed this issue for myself. I created a new folder/Key in the registry, named "AeccPressurePipes100", in this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Preferences

Then in Civil 3D 2014, I set the pressure pipe catalogs to each one and found thath the registry Keys were created in this folder.

Now I am able to create part lists with no error or problem. Hope this helps someone with reinstall.

Message 10 of 17
RobertMansson
in reply to: Kristow4

This fix does not work for me.

I'm using Civil 3d 2017 SP1

If i naviage to my HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autocad\R21.0\ACAD-0000:409\Profiles\Robert (thats my profile) and look at the Preference I already have a folder named AeccPressurePipes110 with a bunch of keys (REG_SZ types) pointing to .sqlite-files.

Yet when I select the pressure pipe catalogue folder (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2017\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Metric) i get the error message " There are no pressure Network Catalogs in this folder " even if there are several .sqlite files and corresponding dwg+img-folders....

Message 11 of 17

We just upgraded to Civil 3D 2018 and I cannot get my Pressure Network Catalog to stay selected. It is the only one in the folder, and the folder location stays correct, but the actual catalog itself will not stay selected.

This is what I get when I initially select the catalog and hit OK:

Catalog Selected.PNG

This is what I get when I go immediately back to the Set Pressure Network Catalog:

Catalog Will Not Stay Selected.PNG

Message 12 of 17
Monica.Marks
in reply to: Monica.Marks

I found another thread on this that led me to shcoose a different Options Profile.  I was able to see and use the catalog without issue. Guess I need to figure out what is missing from the new Options Profile I created for C3D 2018.

Message 13 of 17
wbbyrn

Monica.Marks

I am having the same issues as you described. Have you found a solution? The previous comments about changing the registry did not work for me.

Message 14 of 17
Kristow4
in reply to: wbbyrn

The registry solution i gave earlier was for Civil 3D 2014. I'm sure the folder structures/names changed since then as Autodesk is always tinkering.

Do you have the "AeccPressurePipes120" in your registry under your profile name? Check against the other profiles in the registry to see what your profile might be missing. My company installs even year versions after the first service pack so I am testing on a network slave machine. I am trying to duplicate the error/solution.

Also, did you import your profile from a previous version?

Message 15 of 17
conor.mcenery

Repair work for me also, Thanks. I can now use my newly create part.

Message 16 of 17
csimpson

I am having this same issue.

Message 17 of 17
conor.mcenery
in reply to: csimpson

Reinstall work for me, all my setting were kept also.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report