Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pressure pipe can possible to design

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
manrajankalimuthu
2254 Views, 12 Replies

pressure pipe can possible to design

I know storm and sewer design possible. But I cannot know if possible to design the pressure network pipe layout??
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jay_B
in reply to: manrajankalimuthu

Yes it's possible depending on which version your asking about?

Pressure Pipes were first introduced in Civil 3d 2013 and have been greatly improved in Civil 3d 2014.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 13

So, we can get design calculation for pressure pipe network in civil 3D and Sanitary storm alaysis 2014.Is it?
Message 4 of 13

No design - only draughting, but there are 3rd party apps that link your pressure pipe network to other design programs like Epanet.

Have a look at Devotechs DPX

http://www.devotech.co.za/

Rob

Message 5 of 13

I am contact divotech. I am rise the question for civil 3d pressure network. If can possiable to export civil 3d file to divotech design file. Once design will complete, It can bring back to civil 3D. But, they can not reply me.

Currently my company using bentrly watercad and sewer cad. I am using civil3D for road and drainage design. The road and drainage work's great....

We are ready  to move Bently to civil 3D pipe network desin.i need your help, could you update pressure pipenetwork design calculation into the Civil 3D.  

Main ("export to design file, after design completion bring back to civil 3D").

Message 6 of 13

The only way I'm aware of to transfer that data to a different design program is through a LandXML file. If your design program can read in a LandXML file, I would try that.

Several years ago, Autodesk purchased several programs from Boss Int. including their water analysis program (don't remember what it was exactly called). We haven't seen anything from Autodesk on this tool yet. Perhaps they will release it in a future version of the Design Suite or as a cloud offering or as a stand alone program or not at all. It's hard to tell.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 13

We have multiple ways to import designs that originated from other design packages.  Once your network has been converted to a Civil 3D network, your analysis runs dynamically within Civil 3D without the need to export to EPANET.  We also have the ability to display the flow and velocities from the analysis in the profile views.  Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact me or post to this thread.  You are welcome to send me your design to check full compatibility.

www.devotech.co.za
Message 8 of 13

Thanks you for your positive reply. Can you tell me How many types of design file import is possible?
Message 9 of 13

We support pipe network creation from the following sources:

• Civil Designer water networks file
  • Civil Designer sewer networks file
  • Civil Designer storm water networks file
  • TechnoCAD sewer networks file
  • Network from multiple CAD objects (lines, polylines and 3Dploylines) from AutoCAD or Microstation
  • EPANET INP file
  • EPASWMM INP file
  • CSV file
  • Juno database

Should you wish to create networks from other formats, we can easily develop those formats as well.

www.devotech.co.za
Message 10 of 13

Hi,

Can you tell me Civil 3D 2014 pressure network drawing file has been supported your software.

main concern is it should be imported and exported type.

Message 11 of 13
BrianHailey
in reply to: BrianHailey

@BrianHailey wrote:

The only way I'm aware of to transfer that data to a different design program is through a LandXML file. If your design program can read in a LandXML file, I would try that.

Just a follow up on this, even though Pressure Networks are an option in the export to LandXML, nothing is exported. Perhaps this is something Autodesk is planning on eventually adding but doesn't currently support.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 12 of 13

Take few minutes and inspect StudioARS solution Urbano, www.studioars.com 

Urbano Canalis - sewage solution

Urbano Hydra - water (pressurized systems) solution

Based on Autodesk platform, very rich functionality in pipe design.

Drazen Galic

d dot galic at studioars dot hr

Message 13 of 13

Yes, our DPX software works witin Civil 3D and the design uses the Civil 3D pipe objects for the design.
www.devotech.co.za

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report