Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Pipe Alignments

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jking
1430 Views, 4 Replies

Pressure Pipe Alignments

Loving Pressure Pipes so far, taking us a bit to get them setup to work the way we want. However I just ran into a problem that I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it.

Here is my situation:

Using Pressure Pipes to design two water mains, the first main is a straight run, and the second one starts off of a Tee that I added to the first. This part seems to be working fine, now when I go back and use the Create Alignment from Pressure Network to create the alignment for the first main everything seems fine, but the second one is where I am running into my problem. When creating it, if I don’t select the Tee that I used as the starting point the two alignments don’t intersect, however if I do select it something crazy happens, my start point for my second alignment snaps to 0,0 instead of the Tee. I have tried a couple of different times with both Tees and Crosses. I get a little bit of a different result with Crosses, if the cross is the start Point of the alignment it behaves the same as a Tee, snapping to 0,0, however if the alignment goes through the Cross it is created correctly.

Hopefully that all makes sense, has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,

J. King

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: jking

It works for me.

The Tee is added as a Fitting in the first network. When I create the second network, the first part is added as Pipes Only and the starting point snaps to Insertion of the Tee fitting. The two alignments intersect perfectly.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
jking
in reply to: tcorey

So you are putting the two "Lines" in sepate networks even though they intersect? I am fairly new to Civil 3D, only used 2012 before 2013, but i was under the impressing that in both Pipe Networks and Pressure Networks that if the "Lines" connected they would be in the same Network, so for instance you may have only one network but two or more Alignments in that network.

Is this typical then, one network = one alignment?

Thanks for the help,

J. King

Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: jking

Two networks is only so the second alignment will remain linked to the second network. If you make a single network you get the results you describe and if you modify the second alignment so that it intersects the first alignment properly, the link to the pipe network gets broken. Catch-22.

I doubt this behavior was the dev team's design intent, just a defect. Write this up and submit it to Autodesk tech support and maybe it will be fixed in the service pack.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
CADmgrMike
in reply to: tcorey

I just ran into this same issue in 2015, but the part that is causing it is not the tee where the two networks are connected together.

It's the tee on the other end.

If I delete it, or don't include it when making the alignment, the alignment works and is correct.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report