Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Networks - "CatalogEditor has stopped working"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Haberman
329 Views, 2 Replies

Pressure Networks - "CatalogEditor has stopped working"

I'm working with Autocad 2015 Civil 3D. I'm new at it, coming fresh from 2009 LDD. Anyway, I'm trying to create a new part for the pressure network part catalog. I have created a 3D solid, added connection points and used the PUBLISHPARTCONTENT command to create a .CONTENT file. Everything seems to be going smooth until I try to import the file into the catalog. I get the "Import a part to content catalog" dialogue box. Then I click the browse button to select my new .CONTENT file and select it and I immediately get a window saying "CatalogEditor has stopped working" and the [only] option to close the program. Thats it. It doesn't seem to matter where the file is, we tried it on another computer and got the same behavior, I tried a different part, i think I tried everything. I've attached my .CONTENT file and the drawing I used to make it which was just a quick and simple part to see if it would work. I hat to change the file extension to get it to attach so you'd have to change ".txt" to ".CONTENT". Someone please help. It would be nice if someone who has used this feature successfully with 2015 could try to import my file into their catalog and see if you get the same error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
raido.puust
in reply to: Haberman

I have exactly the same problem with my own files. Any fixes/updates/recommendations are greatly appreciated. And I do have only 2015 installed. Just to note that in previous version it has worked but it would be wonderful if things continue to work as new versions come out.

Message 3 of 3
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: Haberman

Hello Haberman,

This is a known issue with the 2015 Content Catalog Editor. Please allow me to apologize for this as I know how frustrating something like this can be. This issue is being invetigated further and in the meantime I do have a workaround that should allow you to get the needed parts into your SQLite databases.

The workaround is to use the Content Catalog Editor that comes with Civil 3D 2014. This version will allow you to open up the SQLite databases from 2015 and then import the .Content files as needed.

For customers that do not have the 2014 version, they can download Civil 3D 2014 and install it as a trial (See below for download links). Although Civil 3D itself will only be a 30 day trail, the content catalog editor does not require a license and will still open and function after the trial period has ended.

Download Autodesk Products:

Steps: https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/29038ad5-10e9-471e-bdf5-786539235f85

Jason Ferrelli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report