Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Network Catalog SQLite Files

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mtf20
4220 Views, 8 Replies

Pressure Network Catalog SQLite Files

(Using Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit; Civil 3D 2013)

No changes have been made to the pressure network catalog (default, as installed and located in the default location on each machine).

So, I begin by setting the pressure network catalog and choosing any of the sqlite database files in a new blank drawing.  In the "Create Pressure Pipe Network" dialog, I try to edit the parts list, but an error shows up and says "This Pressure Parts List references a catalog that cannot be found. As a result, you may be unable to add parts to the network.".  Everytime I set the catalog, Civil 3D seems to immediately forget which sqlite file was selected.  This problem has been encountered on multiple workstations in our office.  Only 2 workstations retain the catalog selection and will allow a pressure network to be created with no issue concerning the selected catalog.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hb
Participant
in reply to: mtf20

Ok I just had this happen and I am trying to figure it out.

In my case our IT guys cleaned up our server. We had to places where we stored all of our shared setup stuff for Civil 3D, Pipe networks and Pressure networks were in those places.  So my IT guys moved everything to one spot.  They told us before they were doing it and just after they did it. So I remapped my Civil 3D and now I can not access the Pressure network catalog.  I have remapped it in both the Options and in the location under the Home tab where I found it. I can find the location and select Mechanical or Pushon or Flanged and say ok.  But after that when I go into a drawing that has an existing pressure network and try to modify or change that network, I get a "can't find the pressure network catalog" and the rest that you mentioned.  It's like after you copy it to a new location and remap it just can not relocate it even though you pointed it there. 

If I figure it out I'll let you know how I fixed it.

Heidi

Message 3 of 9
jab1985
in reply to: hb

Is there any update on this issue? I have the same problem. Me and my co-worker have the same mapped drive in the same drawing but when i select the File it doesnt stick.

Message 4 of 9
CADmgrMike
in reply to: hb

If you look at the summary tab of your pressure network parts list, you will see it has a path that the catalog references.

I have found no way to repath a parts list to a different catalog location.

If you part catalogs are moved, then you will have to create new parts lists based on the new location.

(see attached screen shot)

I about went crazy trying to figure this out.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 5 of 9
aphelan0032
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I am having this same issue with C3D 2016. The one workstation that built the catalog, and parts list works fine. We saved the catalog to a network and “setpressurenetworkcatolog” to that location. Then when the rest of the workstations attempt to reference this location we get the error that the parts list can’t be found. Any thoughts on this?

Message 6 of 9
CADmgrMike
in reply to: aphelan0032

aphelan0032,

It's been awhile since I had this issue, but from what I remember, once a parts list is created, the path it used for parts is static and can't be changed. Moving a parts catalog to another location means you have to recreate a parts list using that location. Any parts list using the previous location are null and void.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 7 of 9
aphelan0032
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I rebuilt the parts list and now the error has gone away. However, now when I go to create a pipe network, I click to start the first pipe, then click again to set the end of the first pipe, and the first end seems to jump to 0,0. The pipe list then goes blank. Any thoughts on this? I looked through other threads and the only fix that I have found is to delete the " symbol in the part catalog editor, but this does not seem to be the issue.

Message 8 of 9
aphelan0032

When I rebuilt the parts list, the Material "Ductile Iron" didn't show up, but I was able to check the box, and add the pipes. So maybe there is something there?

Message 9 of 9
frankmcd

Any solution for this? I installed 2019 and am having the same issue. Hours wasted!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report