Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to edit feature line via "section"?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
econnerly
392 Views, 3 Replies

Possible to edit feature line via "section"?

I apologize in advanced as I am running of a few hours of sleep. I have a complex grading situation with a sewer near a drainage channel. Long story short.... I need to somehow look at my alignment section by section and try to establish a feature line that will represent my proposed top of slope. There are a ton of different constraints that I will not go into. My ultimate need is the ability to establish a feature line or 3d pline from the section view. I know that this is somehow possible via cooridors. Im working with just an aligment and cross secitons at every 25 feet. Is this possible? Maybe a "project objects to sections" only backwards?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: econnerly

You have two options which may work.  If you have a sample line group and section views then you can project your featureline to the sections and see it there.  I believe that you can edit the elevations through the section views, but you cannot move the points horizontally, so you would have to use two viewports to do the editing - one showing it in plan and the other showing the sections.

The other method would be to use the corridor section view/editor to do it.  You would need a dummy corridor to follow but you should be able to grip edit the featureline at any point where the editor can see it.  Keep in mind that you can only do edits at stations where the grip points are visible however.  There was an AU class several years ago where Peter Funk used this method to create a featureline.  He opened the view editor then started drawing a featureline, advancing from one station to the next as he drew it.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
econnerly
in reply to: sboon

That would be awesome if I could edit the "projected " lines elevations.  They I could edit my horizontal position in another viewport just like you suggested. I hope it works. Ill give it a try tomorrow. Thanks.  Maybe I can sleep now.  
Message 4 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: econnerly

Once projected, feature line elevations can be edited in profile views as well, if this suits your workflow better.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report