AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
mnyrac
Message 11 of 14 (247 Views)

Re: Polygonal Viewport question

12-18-2012 10:57 AM in reply to: mnyrac

I recently got a new computer, with a brand new license of Civil 3d 2012.  I am still having issues with viewports.  When I create a polygonal viewport, it separates the polyline and the viewport if I click on them individually.  It must be a setting somewhere?

Caryn

Valued Contributor
C3D_TomR
Message 12 of 14 (233 Views)

12-20-2012 04:04 PM in reply to: mnyrac

I am unable to replicate the issue in C3D 2012 or C3D 2013. Every time I create a polygonal viewport and select it I get both a polyline and a viewport in Properties Palette though the vewport is the default object visible in the Properties Palette unless I use Selection Cycling to choose polyline.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 13 of 14 (216 Views)

12-31-2012 07:17 AM in reply to: C3D_TomR

C3D_TomR wrote:

I am unable to replicate the issue in C3D 2012 or C3D 2013. Every time I create a polygonal viewport and select it I get both a polyline and a viewport in Properties Palette though the vewport is the default object visible in the Properties Palette unless I use Selection Cycling to choose polyline.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with the above. 

Also -- I didn't test it, but if either the polyline or viewport is on layer "Defpoints" and layer 0 is frozen - there is no telling what sort of side effects may occur.

Active Contributor
mnyrac
Message 14 of 14 (209 Views)

12-31-2012 09:01 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

I have attached a test drawing with a polygonal viewport in it.  What I have found is that as long as I have cycle selection on, I can choose the viewport.  But the viewport and the polygon border remain separate.  

If you all say that's the way it is, no problem.  I can work with it.  But it just seems odd to me that they would be separate.

Caryn

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.