Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon shape w/partial fill used in linetype

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bcsurvey
691 Views, 3 Replies

Polygon shape w/partial fill used in linetype

(This is a repost since I forgot the attachment the first time)

So before I kick this over to the lisp forum, I want to see if anybody had any ideas.

I've made a shape (attached image) and am trying to find a way to use it for a linetype.  However, I'd like to have the left and right "blocks" filled (hatch or whatever) so that when used repeatetively in a linetype, the filled and open spaces will alternate.  I may change it to be only 2 blocks or 4 - haven't decided yet.

I've made linetypes with simple line shapes, but never one like this.

I have exported the 3 polygons through the Map Drafting ribbon --> Export and then brought it back into CAD.  This gave me 3 adjacent filled polygons (3 seperate objects) and I don't know how to show it as one shape entity, much less without the middle fill.

Is there another way I can accomplish this without the use of shapes?

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: bcsurvey

If you want an alternating pattern I would think that two blocks instead of three should be used. The first block can be filled with closely spaced lines to represent the hatch if hatching doesn't go to shp.

I have never had success getting a hatched storm sewer linetype. If you search Google there is no obvious answer without lisp and it seems to be that many folks have settled on something else.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=autocad+storm+drain+line+type&oq=autocad+storm+linetype&gs_...

I personally think your shp may be to long and may lead to the linetype pattern extending past a stm stc or falling short.

We use pipe networks exclusivly now but in LDD we settled on a shp file that appeared to be an equal sign and omitted hatching. We used that in a linetype for a number of years. Linetype Scale would adjust the width of the line so we could approximate diameter.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
bcsurvey

Thanks for the ideas.  I think I'll use them for now, but will drop a post in the lisp forums.  I came across a CAD blog where the guy had written something similar to what I'm looking for.  He was using it for curbing around a roundabout I think.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Message 4 of 4
DaveM

You cant use a hatch in a shape, but what i have doen in the past is use a bunch of close lines to represent the hatch. when they print you cant tell the difference. i just dont like the shapes because of the fact that they can be to short, or to long.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report