Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polygon Issue

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
shinysingh
313 Views, 11 Replies

Polygon Issue

Hello there!!!

i am trying to print a zoning map drawing on civil 2010. In the model space, all the lines are polygons using the map feature. and i have made there thickness 1.0cm. but when i go to paper space, the thickness of the lines becomes very thin automatically. Looks like someone has done a setting like that, the file is really old!! so it comes clear enough to read.. But i want to change the thickness of the polygon lines little thicker, so when i print it it shows up nicely!!!

I am failing in evrything i am doing. i tried tweaking the plotstyle or .ctb file by changing the thickness of the penweight and the lineweights!!! But nothing seems to be working!!! 

can anyone please help me ASAP???

Thanks!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: shinysingh

Post your drawing and your ctb file.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 12
shinysingh
in reply to: tcorey

atatched is the file showing how the drawing looks like in model space... with the polygons 

Message 4 of 12
shinysingh

attached file whos how the draiwng looks like in paper space.. and it automatically makes thin lines!!! 

Message 5 of 12
shinysingh

looks like i can't attach the .ctb file!!! 

Message 6 of 12
troma

Try giving the polylines a global width.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 12
shinysingh
in reply to: troma

this is what i get in "properties", when i click on any polygon !!! they are not polylines... 

Message 8 of 12
troma

OK, I'm going to have to check out.  I don't know anything about Map features.  I hope the others can help.

Little note about posting attachments.  You can change the file extension of a file (to a copy on your computer).  Say you change the .ctb to .dwg or .txt or whatever.  Then you can probably attach it no problem.  Just make sure to say what you've done.  Then when someone downloads the attachment they can change the file extension back to what it should be.

Also, for pictures, it is easier to view them online if they are attached as pictures, i.e. .png or .jpg.  This is much better than putting them in a Word document to attach.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 9 of 12
brian.strandberg
in reply to: troma

I would repost this in the Map discussion group, you will likely find someone there that knows exactly what your issue is.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/ct-p/72

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 10 of 12
shunter62

If they are polygons from shapefiles they are not Autocad entities. They may have been added to your drawing through Data Connect. Use the Task Pane to style them to your liking, e.g. color, width, etc. If your line thickness is 1 cm in model space and you want to show a map at, say, 1"=20' and your viewport is set to that scale, a 1 cm line is going to remain at its native width instead of automatically being scaled up like a polyline or line. It therefore would plot very thin.

Try using the Import  tools in your Map workspace ribbon to show your shapefiles as Autocad entities. They should appear in your drawing in the same space as your shapefiles that were attached through Data Connect (FDO). The 2010 Help file can be sketchy, but it is possible to do this. Don't forget to attach any data that are attached to the shapefiles. The dialog box is big and busy, but managable.

HTH,

Susan H

Message 11 of 12
shinysingh
in reply to: shunter62

I din't get the 2nd half of your message... 

can you please tell me what tools you were talking about? and how should i import them?

Message 12 of 12
shunter62

Go to your Map workspace. Under the insert or tools menu (I think) you should be able to find the import shapefile command. It's been a while since I was on 2010 so I don't remember exactly where it's located. A dialogue box should appear asking you to select the shapefile from a list. Match your existing shapefile & say ok. Another dialogue box appears with various options. Check the coordinate system to see if it matches your drawing. The"insert closed polygons as polylines" buttons should be checked. Go to the second tab (Data) and select the data that you want to attach with the shapefile, such as layer, size, x,y coordinates, elevations, etc. return to the first tab and import. You may have to play around a little to get it right.

Once the shapefiles are in a s Autocad objects, you can set the color, linetype and other parameters as you like.

Then, if everything matches your FDO, you can unclick the box next to the shapefile so it won't show up.

In a nutshell...

Good luck.

Susan H

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report