Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kbellson
158 Views, 3 Replies

does anyone know when or if any changes are going to be made to the point styles portion of Civil 3D. i do feel that they are currently unuseable.
1. the biggest problem is that i can't rotate the symbol use for the point block independantly. in order to do this i have to make a new style for each rotation. there is no way i am willing to do that.
2. importing disription keys form land should set upi your description keys in Civil3d 100%. i had to create styles for each point block when all the information was in the land description key file.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
T_Bernhard
in reply to: kbellson

Hi all,

Did anybody ever come up with an answer to these queries? They seem to have been asked a lot but I'm not seeing answers in my research, and now I'm having similar difficulties. Help!?!

TIA,
Trevor Bernhard
Design draftsman
Message 3 of 4
nzeeben

As far as symbol rotation is concerned you can edit the point and key in a rotation value for the symbol. This does not require seperate styles for each rotation. As far as setting up Civil 3D desciption keys 100%I don't really see a way for this to happen, a style has far more variables and options then were ever available for the LDD versions. You are going to need to convert your symbol library into civil 3d point styles. It will require a fair bit fo work, but once you get into the groove it shouldn't take you any more than a couple of minuts per style to setup the points.
Message 4 of 4
T_Bernhard

Thanks for the reply nzeeben.

If I'm hearing you right, you're telling me that for every stormwater pit, every telecom pit, every power pole, every sign post, etc. I'm going to have to manually pick an orientation? Bummer! Surely there's a better way. When we went to the product info session the "expert" (quote marks because I'm not sure there really is such a thing in C3D yet) showed us that one can create kerbing in a terrain model really easily (which I'm yet to learn); is there not a similar way to orientate these points to the nearest road and then manually correct the ones that are still wrong?

Regarding the symbol type, yeah, I'd worked out I needed to create styles for each point type. I'm nearly done converting our symbol library to point styles.

TIA,
Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report