Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
wbrustle
610 Views, 9 Replies

What is the difference between moving or rotating points manually and using survey translate database to move or rotate points?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
BrianHailey
in reply to: wbrustle

The translate option will only work on points that are in a survey database and the move/rotate option will only work on points that aren't in a survey database (unless you know a few tricks).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 10
wbrustle
in reply to: BrianHailey

ok I understand, but if I were to unlock the points from the survey database, then the move & rotate command would work?

Message 4 of 10
BrianHailey

It will work for the points in the drawing but not the database. You would have to update the database after the move/rotate.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 10
wbrustle
in reply to: BrianHailey

ok thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 10
gk
Enthusiast

Brian - is there an easy  way to update the survey database if you were to adjust the points in the drawing ?

Garry Kingsley

GarryK
Message 7 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: gk

Erase the points from the database and then do another Import Event, importing from the drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 8 of 10
wbrustle
in reply to: tcorey

I was wondering that same question about updating the database from edits made from the points in the drawing. Our field guys usually always start their work on an assumed datum in the field and then once they import fieldbook in the drawing make adjustments to the points and I was wondering the same thing on how to update the database, but how do you import events from the drawing to the database?

Message 9 of 10
tcorey

When you perform the Import Event, on the Data Source page, change the Data Source Type to Points from Drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 10 of 10
wbrustle
in reply to: tcorey

thank you sooo much. I have been wondering how to do that!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report