Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points not displaying from FBK file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rafaelaustin
380 Views, 3 Replies

Points not displaying from FBK file

I've been trying to add survey settings to our Civil 3D template. Our surveyor created a file with the appropriate survey settings. When he imports a FBK file into his template, all the linework and points show up. But when he uses my combined template, some of the points from the FBK file aren't visible. Also, if he imports the same data as a CSV file, it displays all the points and lines correctly.

The surveyor prepared a template with just

• Suvey layers (V-*)
  • Point Styles
  • Description Key Set
  • Figure Styles
  • And a complete set of Survey User Settings on the Survey tab in Toolspace

Along with the appropriate label styles and a few other things.

We're stumped as to why the FBK data doesn't show up but the CSV does. All the points appear to be there, they show up in the point list. I don't know what settings I may have had in my general C3D template that might be throwing off the Survey data in the combined template.

Attached is the combined file with the error.

Thanks!

Rafael

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: rafaelaustin

Rafael,

"...some of the points from the FBK file aren't visible."

Which points? If your Description Keys aren't catching them, then they might be going into All Points, which you have set to None for both Point and Label Styles.

None.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
rl_jackson

I do believe Dave is on to something regarding your all points group not having a point or label style. You have basically set the all points group up as a group with no display. In my template I have a group called no display that resides above all point and use it to control what points I want to see in my various groups. Doing this removes the need of having multiple layers for points just by shifting the hiarchy of individual point groups above or below the no display group as needed.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
rafaelaustin

Yes, that was the problem.  Trying to merge two different sets of template files makes for some interesting coordination issues! Always something to learn...  Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report