AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
rafaelaustin
Message 1 of 4 (104 Views)
Accepted Solution

Points not displaying from FBK file

104 Views, 3 Replies
07-02-2014 02:35 PM

I've been trying to add survey settings to our Civil 3D template. Our surveyor created a file with the appropriate survey settings. When he imports a FBK file into his template, all the linework and points show up. But when he uses my combined template, some of the points from the FBK file aren't visible. Also, if he imports the same data as a CSV file, it displays all the points and lines correctly.

The surveyor prepared a template with just

• Suvey layers (V-*)
  • Point Styles
  • Description Key Set
  • Figure Styles
  • And a complete set of Survey User Settings on the Survey tab in Toolspace

Along with the appropriate label styles and a few other things.

We're stumped as to why the FBK data doesn't show up but the CSV does. All the points appear to be there, they show up in the point list. I don't know what settings I may have had in my general C3D template that might be throwing off the Survey data in the combined template.

Attached is the combined file with the error.

Thanks!

Rafael

Rafael,

"...some of the points from the FBK file aren't visible."

Which points? If your Description Keys aren't catching them, then they might be going into All Points, which you have set to None for both Point and Label Styles.

None.png

Dave

*Expert Elite*
Pointdump
Message 2 of 4 (79 Views)

Re: Points not displaying from FBK file

07-04-2014 03:39 AM in reply to: rafaelaustin

Rafael,

"...some of the points from the FBK file aren't visible."

Which points? If your Description Keys aren't catching them, then they might be going into All Points, which you have set to None for both Point and Label Styles.

None.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Mohave Valley, Arizona

Intel Core i7-3820QM 3rd Generation Quad Core 2.7 GHZ CPU
16 GB DDR3 RAM ( 2 DIMM ) / 180 GB SSD
Nvidia GeForce 650M Graphics w/2 GB Memory
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014/2015
Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 3 of 4 (68 Views)

07-04-2014 07:36 AM in reply to: rafaelaustin
I do believe Dave is on to something regarding your all points group not having a point or label style. You have basically set the all points group up as a group with no display. In my template I have a group called no display that resides above all point and use it to control what points I want to see in my various groups. Doing this removes the need of having multiple layers for points just by shifting the hiarchy of individual point groups above or below the no display group as needed.
C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
Valued Contributor
rafaelaustin
Message 4 of 4 (43 Views)

07-10-2014 07:02 AM in reply to: rafaelaustin

Yes, that was the problem.  Trying to merge two different sets of template files makes for some interesting coordination issues! Always something to learn...  Thanks for the help!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!