Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points disappearing from drawing - Please Advise

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
trynders
5218 Views, 22 Replies

Points disappearing from drawing - Please Advise

Hello,

Using Civil3D 2011, I have a topo drawing that's about 2 miles long.  The points have styles to them to show the actual survey item such as manhole, trees, signs, etc.  I have also created a point group called "no display" that I have added certain points to so they don't show up in the topo.  While adding additional points to the "no display" point group, I have noticed that ALL the points but 3 have vanished from the drawing.  Anyone ever had this happen?  And what's the fix.  We just installed the SP2 so maybe that's the problem.

Thanks,

T

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
dnelson5Z6KJ
in reply to: trynders

using civil3d 2018 and still having this issue, does anyone know if anything has been done about it. it removes giant holes in my surface info, but its not like all the points of one type disappear, just random

Message 22 of 23
parutter
in reply to: dnelson5Z6KJ

I have been finding that xref's within the last few issues of Civil 3D have become more troublesome than ever before.  This morning one of our Survey Techs had the points disappear without a notification.  I noticed the point range that was missing was the exact range of points that exist in the Xref that was set as an attachment.  I do not know if continuing with xref's as overlays will prevent the problem or if it's best to just unload/detach them if they are not necessary for plotting.  I have even seen the notification pop up that duplicate points exist after changing scales but only when an Xref is present...

Message 23 of 23
michelle
in reply to: parutter

This is STUPID - I too have been dealing with consistent points just vanishing from many of my drawings.  This is SO annoying as I have lost many many hours redoing points that I had already done.  I have noticed that the points that I create from a corridor do not do this, but all points that I have put in manually just vanish and are not able to be gotten back.  I literally have 3 of the same xrefs that I continually save back because redoing points is a lot more of time devastation than constantly back saving my drawings multiple times.   It is crazy that I pay so much for this program that is costing me so much money redoing work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report