Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points created are on wrong layer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
randyowens3203
393 Views, 3 Replies

Points created are on wrong layer

I have spent over an hour trying to figure this out, and it's probably something simple I'm overlooking. I don't understand why something can't actually be on the layer that Properties says it's on, but I'll save those complaints for the feedback site. When I create design points, they will not display until I thaw a layer that the survey points are on. I have double checked these settings: On Toolspace Settings tab, under Points-Commands-CreatePoints, Default Layer is "C-P-POINTS-TEMP". Default Style is set to Point Style=SPOTS-TEMP, and Point Label Style is set to TEMP-POINT#-ELEVATION-DESCRIPTION. When I check these styles, they are both set to the layer "C-P-POINTS-TEMP". Yet every point I create ends up on the layer "C-E-POINTS_FIELDWORK_11-14-11. What am I missing here?

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stacy.dunn
in reply to: randyowens3203

Take a look at the option to disable Description Keys.  Set it to true if you want the point defaults to be used.

Stacy Dunn
Message 3 of 4
randyowens3203
in reply to: stacy.dunn

Looks like the help file tells you everything you could possibly want to know about description keys, except how to disable them. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 4 of 4

I spoke too soon. I found it. It's under settings on the points creation dialog box.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report