Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pointer flickers between arrow or crosshairs and waiting pointer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gator
925 Views, 3 Replies

pointer flickers between arrow or crosshairs and waiting pointer

Using Civil 3D 2012, windows 7 pro 64, Radeon HD6970 video card.

The pointer flickers when in AutoCAD, espically when in menus, between the arrow and the arrow/waiting circle. Also does this flicker with the crosshairs and the waiting symbol when in the drawing window. Have all the drivers up to date no help.

Have also tried multiple different pointing devices.

any ideas?

Also have several instances where text will not move or allow to be modified until I save and restart the program.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: gator

Although this is from 2011 it still might solve your problem: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15851876&linkID=9240697

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
gator
in reply to: AllenJessup

thanks. I had found that page and tried that "solution" but I do not get any different results. I had that very problem they describe with 11 on my previous computer and resolved it by updating the display driver that time. I just upgraded to a new machine and OS and now have this flickering problem slightly different. Only have the problem in AutoCad.

Message 4 of 4
deltacoolguy
in reply to: AllenJessup

I know this is several months after-the-fact, and probably no use for the OP, but I will still respond for the benefit of anyone else who may come along with a similar issue.

I got the same issue after re-installing 3D 2012 earlier this evening.  It was fine prior to the re-install.  I had also tried setting the "selectioncycling" setvar to zero, per another thread suggestion, but that did not help in my case.

The link in post #2, using "Manual Tune" in "3dconfig" worked for me.  Just toggling the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" button off then back on solved my crosshair smoothness issue.

Hope this helps... someone.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report