Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Text Qurstion

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
239 Views, 4 Replies

Point Text Qurstion

Hi all,

Several years ago, I created an mtext entity that was not part of the point block.  It was for tree labels.  Using the descripition keys and symbols, I was able to create a separate mtext entity that would read the tree description (oak, gum, pine), and using the size from field one, put the size an " mark and then thte type, so a 20" oak,  would have an mtext entity below the symbol that says "20" OAK".  I knw i can do it with the descriptions, but moving them is probablematic, if someone messes with the points.   The mtext entity is on a separate layer, orit was.

I can't, for the life of me remember how i did  it.   When i left the company I was with at that time, I did not get a copy of the template.   Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Surveyor Lee

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

These description keys would create the labels you want, and if you have a label style like mine then you can place the label text on a specific layer.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Steve,

Thanks, but I already was aware of this method.  It is the description from the cogo point, with the other information not visible.   This will work for now, is not what I wanted.  Working with the label is problematic, and somtimes there are issues going to other platforms.   If it is inserted as a separate text entity, no harm is done from moving, or even erasing the label.   That'a one reason I wanted it to not be part of the point node.  I will have to work it it a bit.  It may take me a few days, but I will figure it out..

Lee

Message 4 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

The only other way I can think of to do this would be a Note label with a piece of reference text that comes from the cogo point description.  The Note label could be exploded to MText or erased etc. without affecting the original cogo point.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
johngordon6189
in reply to: sboon

We use the description keys to control the labeling of the cogo point.  The cogo point is exploded down to block and mtext in the deliverable drawing because the tree points are pretty useless to our clients, they have the block there for the tree location.

The point is coded as such    T <trunk size> <tree type> and the label comes out   <trunk size>" <tree type>   and the block is scaled based upon the trunk size in the description.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report