Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Table Title - Dynamic Please!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bkanther
503 Views, 7 Replies

Point Table Title - Dynamic Please!

Hi all

Does anyone have a way I can make the table title for a cogo point table to be the point group selected for display in that table.

That way I only need a few table styles for a whole batch of points and I don't need to keep changing the header in each style.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: bkanther

I do not think that's possible at this time.

Another big problem with C3D tables is the inability to control the row height or padding.  But C3D is still working on becoming a "mature app", so hopefully we'll get those abilities soon.

Sinc
Message 3 of 8
bkanther
in reply to: Sinc

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. There are so many objects in Civil 3d where you are constantly finding yourself creating multiple styles jsut to change one parameter! Completely defeating the purpose of creating styles in the first place.

Be great to have override child styles or external object properties or something. Really annoying.

Any suggestion on mass changing styles in Civi l3d then sinc?

Regards

Brad

Message 4 of 8
Sinc

@bkanther wrote:

Any suggestion on mass changing styles in Civi l3d then sinc?

Not at the moment.  Of course, I've said that before, only to wake up the next morning and find out Jeff's done another amazing thing...  (Although I think something like this won't happen overnight...)

Sinc
Message 5 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: Sinc

@Sinc wrote:

(Although I think something like this won't happen overnight...)

And not the foreseeable future either. Nothing in either of the API's allows us to do much of anything with the Tables....can't even get/set the style used for a table.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

Just re-read Brad's last post and I think I missed that he was talking about styles in general, not just Tablestyles now. Brad, if you'd like to send me a note with what type of mass chages you'd like to be able to make, I would look into the possibilities.....

jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
bkanther
in reply to: Jeff_M

I would wish to modify many parameters within styles, it would be quite a lengthy and time consuming list to produce. Is their limitations on certain objects styles and what parameters you can edt programatically?

Are you saying you have an application of sorts to produce multiple styles based on a set of parameters?

OR

Are you saying that you have an application that modifies multiple existing styles once created based on a series of parameters?

Maybe Both?

I am interested if so.

Regards

Brad

Message 8 of 8
Sinc

At the moment, all we have are these:

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_CivilStyleProperties.htm

http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_Help/SP_GlobalLabelSettings.htm

I just noticed that the latter command has no dialog box image in the Help file...  We'll get that added to the Help File for the next release.  But it looks something like this:

GlobalLabelSettings.png

So basically what Jeff is asking for are ideas on any improvements you'd like.  We always like getting feedback and ideas from other users, as to how to make the Sincpac-C3D even more powerful than it currently is.

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report