Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point table creation - No valid selections!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2737 Views, 10 Replies

Point table creation - No valid selections!

I'm having issues trying to create a point table. I have used this process before with no problem but now for some reason C3D won't create the table. I get an "NO VALID SELECTION" after selecting the C3D points. Does anybody have any suggestions on why i'm getting this error? All my points are C3D points and C3D recognizes the points while the POINT TABLE CREATION menu is still visable but once it goes to create the table i get that error message. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me on this matter.

Capture.JPG

pnts.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ryanquigley2390
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

I'm using UDP's and Sincpac, are you doing the same?  This process worked for me in 2011.

C3D 2012 SP1
Win 7 64 Enterprise
Intel Xeon 3.07 Ghz 8GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 3 of 11
ryanquigley2390

I figured this out...

I was able to create a table like always using the "All" points group and I noticed in the properties of that point group under the Summary tab there was one difference.

Under Labeling-Point label Style....the All points group was using the <default> value and the point group I wanted to create a table out of was using the "Standard" Style.  When I changed it to <default> it worked as it should.

C3D 2012 SP1
Win 7 64 Enterprise
Intel Xeon 3.07 Ghz 8GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 4 of 11

Made the change you suggested. Still getting "No Valid Selection". Tried picking the points manually, making a new point group, etc. still won't work. Had to copy a table from another drawing and enter in the point co-ordinates manually, because I already spent an hour on this and couldn't resolve it.

Message 5 of 11

this just happened to me. i've already got one point table in the drawing. i went to add another and i get the no valid secetion also. neither point group or individual points seem to work. confusing.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 6 of 11
and-adsk001

Same here C3D2015

Message 7 of 11
brent.moses
in reply to: and-adsk001

sorry though i had it i did not...

Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the input but it didn't fix it for me. Tried every possible combo of label settings, still getting "no valid selection". Tried picking points manually and still get "no valid selection".

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I had this same issue and found that this was linked to the point labels style.  I had a label style selected that only displayed the marker.  I changed this to the default style, put the default style on a no plot layer and was able to achieve what I needed. 

Message 10 of 11
buy-a-n

Yeah.  Berlicad is right with it being linked to Point Label Style.  I had same problem.  In Point Table Creation > Selection > Label Style Name…..I changed that so it was the same Label Style as the Point Group label style i was trying to make the table with and it worked.

Message 11 of 11
gilbertsonjZWHRE

I was struggling to figure this out and tried all the suggestions without any luck. It turns out another user had exploded the points. I deleted them all and re inserted them into the drawing. Problem solved. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report