Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POINT STYLES

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
clicharowicz
269 Views, 4 Replies

POINT STYLES

Is there a way to import Point Styles into your drawing besides saving the file they are located in as a Template?

Cynthia

Civil3D 2012

New User

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kettledrum
in reply to: clicharowicz

I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but what I (a newbie) have done is open up another drawing that has those point styles in them to get those point styles to appear in the settings tab of the toolspace, and then I go back into the "destination" drawing and drag and drop the point styles from the other drawing right into the drawing window.  I hope I'm making sense!

Message 3 of 5
clicharowicz
in reply to: kettledrum

YEAH!!!!! It so worked, I have been racking my brain on how to do this without bringing in all sorts of layers, settings etc from another file.

Thanks so much from one newbie to another. I love so many of the features in 2012 but I am just lost in how to get all the new stuff to work and also keep up my production level. Thia helps with one very inportant thing.

Cynthia

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I love so many of the features in 2012

And as you have 2012 you also have the "Import Styles"-functionality built in 😉

Command _ImportStylesAndSettings (>>>wiki<<<)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5

I will have to check that out too. drag and drop works good too. So much to learn lol.

Cynthia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report