Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Style not changing for some points/point groups

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
L3GO-Ed
6907 Views, 3 Replies

Point Style not changing for some points/point groups

Hello, I have encountered a problem where change of point group style won't effect for some points. This happens to points I created a while back. Those created recently do not have a problem. Any ideas on how this can be surmounted.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pointdump
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Ed,

Have you clicked them on in the Overrides Tab of the Point Group?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 4
doni49
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

So point group A contains points.  You change the point style assigned to point group A and the points dont seem to change?

My first guess would be that the points themselves have overrides set (so that they define the point style vs getting their style setting from the point group.  Second guess would be that the points in question are also part of another point group that's higher in the priority list.  The higher one in the list would control its display.

If neither of these help, please post a dwg file for someone to look at -- and note the version you're using./

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 4
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: doni49

Thanx for replies guys and apologies for the late follow up,

I got it. it was the overrides. Somehow they got unchecked for the groups. So I checked them and "viola", all was back to normal

thanx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report