Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Sorting Progress Bar always on

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
BombthePeasants
2239 Views, 12 Replies

Point Sorting Progress Bar always on

Dear Sirs and/or Madams,

I am experiencing a relatively new and maddening AutoCAD problem. If I manipulate any point, or select a point group, or perform ANY action involving points in my drawings, a "Sorting" progress bar appears in the lower left hand corner of the screen, and if it's a drawing with a substantial amount of point data, it can/will lock my computer up. This is driving me bonkers! Can someone explain to me what is going on, and help me find a solution?

Thanks in advance,

ERIK

attached herein is an image of the progress bar.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sboon
in reply to: BombthePeasants

Do you have any surfaces or corridors on Auto-Rebuild?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 13

I do, and have always had them in the past, but this is a new problem, as in only about 2 weeks ago.

Message 4 of 13
sboon
in reply to: BombthePeasants

I believe that the sorting message refers to the TIN points within a surface.  The software needs to sort them as part of the surface build process.  Normally the operation is so fast that you never see this message, unless it's a very large surface.  I usually see it with Lidar datasets.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 13
watersam
in reply to: sboon

This same problem frequently occurs in drawings where my points are not included in a TIN.  I am also going bonkers.  It seems to be a recent problem for me as well.  Is there a point setting that can eliminate the constant sorting?

Sam

Message 6 of 13
sboon
in reply to: watersam

The points being sorted are not your cogo points in the drawing.  They are the TIN points which are within the surface.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 13
watersam
in reply to: sboon

I have a drawing with absolutely nothing but the points I just imported in it.  There's a lot of sorting going on.  Seems that getting out of Toolspace stopped the problem, but that's an issue for anyone who does have a surface in their drawing.

Message 8 of 13

Was having the same issue, so from the Prospector Toolspace, right click on POINTS, then select "Refresh", I have not had an issue since.

Hope this helps.

Rich

Message 9 of 13
CADmgrMike
in reply to: RichShine4634

Here it is 2017 and I'm having the same issue with C3D 2017.

I have a drawings with points and no surface.

I have right clicked on Points and hit Refresh.

Everytime I manipulate a point label, I get this point sorting bar.

It's taking forever to do anything.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 10 of 13
CADmgrMike
in reply to: CADmgrMike

I found another post with a fix. Sort your points by Point Number and the sorting will go away.

Mike Porter
https://provostandpritchard.com/
Message 11 of 13

I just want to thank your for this. I remember seeing it. Hasn't happened to me until today. Such a simple fix for something so aggravating! 

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 12 of 13

I have this same problem in a drawing I took over. How do I change the setting to sort by point number? Thanks in advance!!

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 13

I figured it out. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report