Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point size in plots

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
akhlaghinejad
2035 Views, 13 Replies

Point size in plots

Hello,

how can i scale down the points size in my plots? right now i have 24x36 sheets and the points are giant, please help.

Thanks,
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: akhlaghinejad

From the dropdown menu, Help -> Tutorials. 
You should do all of these exercises.

Bill

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Hello,
how can i scale down the points size in my plots? right now i have 24x36
sheets and the points are giant, please help. Thanks,
Message 3 of 14

Thanks but i think i already know these, but i cant change the point size in the view port of the paperspace when i ploting, it doesnt matter which scale i choose the point size in my plot is the same, i have attached a pdf with 2 pages,the VP scale in one is 3/8" and the other one is 1/4". but the point size is the same when i plot. i want the points to look smaller.
Message 4 of 14
ACADuser

The reason your points are printing the same size when using different vp scales is because this is how it's supposed to work, I also recommend taking Bills advice.

There are many ways to get the points to display smaller. One would be to modify the size in your point style(s). Another would be to set your paper size proportionally larger then print on 24x36 thus reducing your overall plot scale (this will affect all c3d styles as well as linetype scale and annotative text).

Happy Civil 3D'ing 🙂
ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 5 of 14

i reduced the point size in point style to zero and in the MS its a dot but the same as before happened when i plot.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

How about posting a small drawing showing what your
problems are.  If it is a large file post it in the
"autodesk.autocad.customer-files" NG.  Leave a note here in this NG what
you have done.  No doubt this will get you a good answer.

Bill

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
i
reduced the point size in point style to zero and in the MS its a dot but the
same as before happened when i plot.
Message 7 of 14

I have attached a pdf file in my previous message Bill, please let me know if u need DWG drawing. Thanks
Message 8 of 14

i have a few things in mind, down the lines of: PDSIZE, DDPTYPE and the viewport ANNOTATION SCALE in the VP properties window. unfortunately, i do not have access to C3D now, but will test it tomorrow morning and get back to you.
Message 9 of 14
ACADuser

What is the setting under "options" for the point size ? Try setting it to "Use drawing scale" - see attached.
ACADuser
Windows 7 Enterprise
Message 10 of 14

It has been resolved by Young's suggestion, ddptype would do it, thanks guys
Message 11 of 14

I’ve been a hero many times when co-workers come to me with huge funny looking points. PDMode and PDSize were the answer. I never knew about DDPType. How long has it been around?
Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 12 of 14

Well i didnt know the shortcut but you can find it in regular Cad: format menu--> point style
Message 13 of 14
ACADuser

Since release 12, I think. The "DD" means "Dynamic Dialogue". Back in the day most of the commands were command line driven so when they came out with the fake windows version they had to create new commands - one for the command line format and one for those that were dialogue driven. Another one from memory is DDlmodes (layer dialogue).
ACADuser
Windows 7 Enterprise
Message 14 of 14

Ah, the good old days, was glad I had (and still have) the gateway anykey keyboards. Learn something new every day, even old stuff. Kind of refreshing after all this C3D ed.
Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report