Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point on polygon

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
NazareneArpilleda
683 Views, 7 Replies

Point on polygon

Hello guys!

I am a new user of autocad civil 3d 2012, and i just learn from youtube and some friends. i have this problem in putting descriptions of each polygon. In topographic survey we usually detail each corners of the square of rectangle manholes, this comes in different types, there are Telephone manhole, Foul Sewer manhole, Water manhole and many more, my question is, how can I put annotation inside my figure polygon automaticaly?

Thanks,

Nazarene

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

N,

What information are you trying to put inside the polygon?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 8
HansSMS
in reply to: NazareneArpilleda

In the description keys you can generate full descriptions from the raw field codes. Then you need to set your point style to display the full description. Your polylines should be block definitions which are then used as point symbols.

Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 4 of 8

One way to tackle this is to use Map Annotation. Since your manhole outlines are variable you can't use a symbol so you'll need a way to apply the annotation based on some critieria such as the layer they are placed on or another attribute. Map Annotation can do this.

What I propose is to first define an Object data table for Manholes which has a single field to label the manhole. Once you define the table, select each type of manhole outline using any filtering method and criteria that suits you and attach the object data with the appropriate attribute value. For example, select all the water manholes and attach the object data to them with the attribute value as "WAT". Do the same for each type of manhole.

Once you've applied the object data attributes to the manholes you next define an Annotation template that draws from the Object data attribute value. Once defined you can apply the annotation template to all the manhole outlines and it will place the appropriate label at the centroid of the outlines. If you decide you want to change the labels you can re-apply a new object data value and refresh the annotation.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 8

This is exactly what I need, thank you for the info Sir Nielw.

Message 6 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: NazareneArpilleda

You could also create a dynamic block that has a different visibility state for each type of manhole. Include a different label within each visibility state. This would be much faster than using object data.

I have attached a drawing with a sample dynamic block that includes three manholes with labels. Just pick the block and then the triangular grip. I didn't actually draw manholes, I drew lines and a circle, but you get the point.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: tcorey

There are some advantages to Map Annotation Tim.

1: They are placed automatically

2: They are related to the features, so if the features move or are resized or erased, the annotation will update when refreshed

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Neilw_05

I'll give you kudo for understanding that post once through
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report