Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Object with User Defined Property Classification

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eastridge23
421 Views, 5 Replies

Point Object with User Defined Property Classification

I have created points that have user define properties and I wanted to some how get all that information into a 2008 LDD format. Does anyone know if this is possible? When I export down to 08 they lose all the user defined data.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: eastridge23

You need to create a point file format that includes columns for the user defined classes. Go to Settings tab of Toolspace, Points, Point File Formats. Right click and New. In the list of columns, your user defined classes will be in the list along with Northing, Easting, Point Number, etc.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
eastridge23
in reply to: tcorey

That is the way I have it created in 12 and I am able to see all the information that is attached to the user defined fields. But what I am trying to do is get all the same information into 08. When I create a new point file format and add user defined fields I have no way of seeing what the additional data is. When I do click on a point and go to edit it only shows PNEZD and not the new fields or columns I added.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 6
tcorey

Back in 2008 Land Desktop, you need to set up an XDRef. When you create the point file format in LDD, the XDRef you created will be available as a column header.

Once you import the point file with the extra column(s), you have to create a new point label style that labels the XDRef information. You cannot get the regular point labeling to show XDRef info. It has to be done by adding dynamic labels from the labels menu and you will have to create a style that references the XDRef.

I don't know a way to get the Points List in Land Desktop to show the XDRef columns. Does anyone else?

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 6
eastridge23
in reply to: tcorey

Do you know of any documentation on this? This would help tremendously if you do.

I am trying to do what you put in the last post but I can't quite get it to work.

Thanks for all of your help.

Message 6 of 6
tcorey

Unfortunately the help file article on XDRef has very little depth to it. Additionally, the XDRef database file is Microsoft Access 97 compatible, so creating your own might not be possible. I just modify the sample that is created with each project.

This forum is not meant as a place to arrange work so if you want to discuss with me an arrangement for online remote help, please email me directly: tcorey@shasta.com.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report