Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POINT markers... seems simple, but I'm flummoxed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mcloughlin
471 Views, 4 Replies

POINT markers... seems simple, but I'm flummoxed

So I want to insert a plain old point or node (not from "Point Styles," mind, but a POINT from the standard ACAD drawing menu) into a drawing.  I type "point," as was done in the hoary past, and WHAMMO! a BEHEMOTH + symbol appears!

I do not want a + symbol, nor a little circle, nor a tiny square nor an x.  I want a POINT, what used to be called an "autoCAD point," one of those infinitesimal, well, point-like objects that does not change size, does not occupy space, etc.  A tiny point. 

I'm sure this is very simple, but as is so often the case, the "help" function knows only "point styles," and does not seem to refer to the old drawn point or node:  How do I change the defaults in Civil 3D 2014 in order to get such a point marker each and every time I choose to draw or display a point?

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
GTVic
in reply to: mcloughlin

I think you want to look at the PDMODE and PDSIZE variables. The default for both should be 0 for regular AutoCAD but your template may have other defaults. The same would happen in regular AutoCAD if these settings got changed.

This is a global change, so if any of your POINT STYLES use the AutoCAD point marker for the symbol then all of those cogo points will change.

Untitled.png

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B

PDMODE=0 should do the trick.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

You can also manually select the "AutoCAD" point style by typing in DDPTYPE.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 5
mcloughlin
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

They all worked!  Many thanks to all who responded. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report