Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POINT markers... seems simple, but I'm flummoxed

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mcloughlin
322 Views, 3 Replies

POINT markers... seems simple, but I'm flummoxed

So I want to insert a plain old point or node (not from "Point Styles," mind, but a POINT from the standard ACAD drawing menu) into a drawing.  I type "point," as was done in the hoary past, and WHAMMO! a BEHEMOTH + symbol appears!

I do not want a + symbol, nor a little circle, nor a tiny square nor an x.  I want a POINT, what used to be called an "autoCAD point," one of those infinitesimal, well, point-like objects that does not change size, does not occupy space, etc.  A tiny point. 

I'm sure this is very simple, but as is so often the case, the "help" function knows only "point styles," and does not seem to refer to the old drawn point or node:  How do I change the defaults in Civil 3D 2014 in order to get such a point marker each and every time I choose to draw or display a point?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcloughlin

Use the command, 'DDPTYPE' and you can control the display of ACAD points.

Message 3 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

This setting can also be found on the Ribbon if you prefer. Switch to the Drafting and Annotation workspace -> Home tab -> Expand out Utilities -> and choose Point Style.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

You just couldn't resist, could you, Mr. Hailey. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report