Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Lables styles - How Display in differently Viewports.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
surveyor8120
431 Views, 2 Replies

Point Lables styles - How Display in differently Viewports.

So here is what I am trying to do.

I have point lable style to show my point numbers for my control and property corners.  As shown below.

I am working on a survey control sheet that will show all my control with point numbers.  I have been using Point Label styles to to this.

WhenI have points that are two close together the labels will be overlapping.  I take care of this by dragging the label.  Which works well.

However when I have multiple sheets to my and have different scales and the same points being used in the different viewports at different scales and I drag them to correct the overlapping issue.  It does not always look the way I want in each viewport.  Because in a large scale view port when drag the label to look good with and arrow and etc.....  It does not look good on other sheets with different scales.

I use point groups and overides for the lable sytles.  I wish I could set the Hireachy of the Point displays thru each individual viewport.

I am looking for suggestions of what others do in similiar situations.

point lable.png

Point Lable 2.png

Anthony Robinson, PLS, CFEDS
CRW Engineering Group, LLC
Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7 Prof. x64 SP1
Dell Workstation
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU
870 @ 2.93GHz
16.00 GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HansSMS
in reply to: surveyor8120

Not possible. We have a system that produces labelling at a consistent size, regardless of scale. This to me is great; until annotative scaling came along you had to calculate the text size from the scale in WCS system which was always a PITA. You are asking that the labelling size changes with scale changes, which is excalty what Civil3D is NOT designed to do. What you are also asking is that Civil 3D stores different or independent label positions for different viewports. It doesn't. I have at times, when creating drawing insets, exploded labels and used annotative text to produce a better presentation, i.e. save the exploded drawing, undo explosion and cut/paste the exploded text back in to the drawing into layers that are switched on for the relevant viewport. Obviously you lose the dynamic linkage. Programming is like a big tree: The more branches the programmer provides, the more twigs the client wants and the more leaves fall off.
Hans Moller
Surveying & Management Services
Gladstone Australia
Metabox 16GB, Intel i7-9700K 3.6Ghz, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD Nvidia GTX 1060
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018
Message 3 of 3
MtnMax700
in reply to: HansSMS

What about rotating the point number thru the "Change Properties"?

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report