Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Labels on Breaklines

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
darrell.wilmore
374 Views, 7 Replies

Point Labels on Breaklines

When I import a survey with coded breaklines I get a vertex markers along the breakline but no annotation of these points appears on the screen.

How can I get these labels to show up upon import?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
doni49
in reply to: darrell.wilmore

@darrell.wilmore wrote:

When I import a survey with coded breaklines I get a vertex markers along the breakline but no annotation of these points appears on the screen.

How can I get these labels to show up upon import?

What do you mean by "show up"?  Are you wanting to have cogo points at these locations?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 8
darrell.wilmore
in reply to: doni49

I would like the vertices on the breaklines to appear like the the rest of the points in the file (coded points such as n/g, etc.)

These are breaklines shot in the field with codes present in the feature prefix database.

Message 4 of 8
doni49

It sounds to me like you need to adjust the order of your point groups.  If a point falls in multiple groups (very common) then the first group in the list controls how it's displayed (or NOT displayed).  See the following screenshot.  The point group labeled "No Display" is set to not show points and it includes ALL points.

Because it's first in the list, I won't see ANY points.  But if I were to move "Ground" up above that group, then any points within the Ground group would be shown.

PtGroupNoDisplay.png

EDIT:  I forgot to mention this -- to change the order of the groups, you need to goto Toolspace>Prospector and right click on "Point Groups" then click on "Properties.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 8
darrell.wilmore

Don-

The breaklines were shot with the ng shots in one point group. This group is at the top of the list. <Off> is at the bottom of the list.

Message 6 of 8
doni49

Ok.  Next thing to look at is the display settings for that group. 

Toolspace>Propsecter>Expand Point Groups>{RIght click on the group}>Properties

Look at both "Point Style" and "Point Label Style".  The first one is the tick mark or other symbol for the actual point and the second one is for the text that describes it.

What style is assigned?  Now edit the style (click the button next to the style name) and go to the display tab.

There'll be a number of "Components" listed.  There is a "Visible" column with a light bulb:  Yellow = on and gray = off.  Are they on as you need them?  What layer(s) are they on?  (if the component visilbility is set properly, then after getting out of here, you'll need to check the layer(s) on/off status.

Also before closing the properties:  check the "Marker" tab.  Is the point set to display a BLOCK?  If so, could the elements within that block be on layers that are frozen and/or off?

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 8
doni49

One more thing to check.

Individual points can be set to override the point group's style settings.

PtDisplay.png

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 8
darrell.wilmore

Thanks Don-

The display for the point label was not turned on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report