Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point label style

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pardo242724
623 Views, 6 Replies

point label style

i have a building corner point label style that labels the corner of bldgs with the elev on top of an arrow and the full description of a bdlgc on bottom of arrow...rotated at 45 degrees....

i have 3 components...a block of an autocad leader i call an arrow that i just drew from left to rt on layer 0 and named the component arrow...then i have the elevation and the description

problem is that when i rotate label to move it out of way of obstructions it flips the elev on bottom and the desc on top!!

i have tried a number of combinations of anchor pts and changing the "flip anchor pts with text" to true/false under the general tab of the labe style composer...

i cant get it!

any help would be greatly appreciated!!! (i am still using 2012)

thanx

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: pardo242724

I think its the layout tab? Have you tried changing it from stacked to as composed or the other way?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 7
sboon

You could turn off the plan readable switch, which should ensure that the text doesn`t flip or rotate at all.

Can you post a sample drawing with the label style, so that we can see it.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 7
BrianHailey

Attach an invisble piece of text to the arrow and then attach your text components to that invisible piece of text. Make sure "Flip Anchors With Text" is on. When the invisble piece of text flips, it will cause the top piece of text to stay on top. I talked about it a bit in a blog post I did a couple years ago:

http://civil3dplus.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/fixing-backwards-labels-my-response-to-the-being-civil-p...

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 7
IanMcClain

Flip-text with anchors never worked for me. I just made my two text components one piece of text with a return so they are stacked, and then attach based on center left/right. When you rotate past 90/270 the right-read will kick in and the text will flip, but stay centereded on the line (or in your case arrow). Only downside is the Justification will be wrong: if its right justified text sitting to the right of the point, when it flips it will appear right justified when on the left side of the point and hug the point.

I am curious to try Brian's suggestion...

Ian McClain
Message 6 of 7
pardo242724

attached is my point and point label style....the point label style...when i hover over the grip for rotate label and marker, rotates the label and flops the building to the top and elev to the bottom

thanx for everyone's response!!!!!

Message 7 of 7

Try this.

It's done in 2013, but the original file was from 2013.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report