AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
IWantAnswers
Message 1 of 4 (583 Views)

Point label style

583 Views, 3 Replies
04-27-2012 10:02 AM

Alright I have a problem here. I'm using AutotCAD Civil 3D 2012 in the Civil 3D workspace, trying to create a point label style to show what I need it to show. I click on a point and select it's properties. Once on the properties tab I go down to the point label style box and clicked on the down arrow. A list of options then comes up and I selected the create/edit option. A small point label style box then appears and i choose the button directly next to the drop-down list and the label style composer box pops up. In this box I go to the layout tab and then go down to the contents box. I select the browse button next to the contents to select the contents. I select the contents I want but when I apply it every point has those contents and I need just that one point to have those contents. does anyone know what I could do to fix this problem?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (582 Views)

Re: Point label style

04-27-2012 10:10 AM in reply to: IWantAnswers

Hi,

Same as a textstyle, if you have 100 text-objects and you change the font within the textstyle ==> all 100 text-objects will be represented with the other font.

So you have to create a new pointstyle and assign it to that point, or better you create a new point-group, assign this point to the other point-group and also assign the new pointstyle to this point-group.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
charlesriley4385
Message 3 of 4 (570 Views)

04-27-2012 11:32 AM in reply to: IWantAnswers

Can we make this any more difficult, all we want is to label a line!

When I label a line using a style I created, sometimes the bearing is first and sometimes the distance is first.

Is there a tutorial for this somewhere?

Chuck Riley
C3D 2013
Win 7 Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz
8.0 GB 64-bit
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 4 of 4 (560 Views)

04-27-2012 12:16 PM in reply to: charlesriley4385

You're asking a diffferent question than the original poster.  Please start a new thread instead of hijacking his.  Thanks.

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.