Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point label style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
IWantAnswers
978 Views, 3 Replies

Point label style

Alright I have a problem here. I'm using AutotCAD Civil 3D 2012 in the Civil 3D workspace, trying to create a point label style to show what I need it to show. I click on a point and select it's properties. Once on the properties tab I go down to the point label style box and clicked on the down arrow. A list of options then comes up and I selected the create/edit option. A small point label style box then appears and i choose the button directly next to the drop-down list and the label style composer box pops up. In this box I go to the layout tab and then go down to the contents box. I select the browse button next to the contents to select the contents. I select the contents I want but when I apply it every point has those contents and I need just that one point to have those contents. does anyone know what I could do to fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Same as a textstyle, if you have 100 text-objects and you change the font within the textstyle ==> all 100 text-objects will be represented with the other font.

So you have to create a new pointstyle and assign it to that point, or better you create a new point-group, assign this point to the other point-group and also assign the new pointstyle to this point-group.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
criley13
in reply to: IWantAnswers

Can we make this any more difficult, all we want is to label a line!

When I label a line using a style I created, sometimes the bearing is first and sometimes the distance is first.

Is there a tutorial for this somewhere?

Chuck Riley
C3D 2017
Win 7 Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz
8.0 GB 64-bit
Message 4 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: criley13

You're asking a diffferent question than the original poster.  Please start a new thread instead of hijacking his.  Thanks.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report