Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point label style to show elevation difference between two points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1832 Views, 4 Replies

point label style to show elevation difference between two points

Hey guys,

i am wanting to create a point label style that shows the elevation difference between two points.

I would like the label to display like this:

Capture.PNG

Creating two surfaces to create a volume surface to show the point elevation difference unfortunately isn't an option in this situation.

I tried to do this by creating an expression but it doesn't seem like this is possible.  

If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.  I have a feeling I'm going to have to explore some programming options like a lisp routine or a vba app.

Any help would be great.  Also i've attached a file with the two points for conveinence.  

Thanks,

George

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
annw2
in reply to: Anonymous

You don't label the points.  You create a label for a non plottable 3d line snapped to the points.  I remember doing this a couple years ago, but don't have the file available any more.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: annw2

thanks for that tip.  

I see in the line label settings i can have a start RL and end RL of the segment in the expression.  I'm not having much luck with it working correctly though.  the label style just gives me ??? instead of the RL difference.

See the images i've attached, is there something obvious i'm missing?  

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

I get the elevation difference. Remove the Reference Text component from the style (unless you are using it for something), hide/remove the direction arrow. Make sure to draw and label it line, don't use the Label between 2 points. Put the line on a NoPlot layer.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

thanks for that Jeff.  I was doing it between two survey points and i have found found out that there is a bug in C3D that prevents this (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle...)

I'll just have to do it with a line.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report