Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point label style in Pspace significantly smaller than Mspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
graphtype
606 Views, 4 Replies

Point label style in Pspace significantly smaller than Mspace

Hi there!

I'm a bit new to the concepts of point labels in C3D; I browsed around for a bit for a solution and haven't been successful. I'm having troubles with my point label styles in Paperspace - they appear about 25x smaller than in model space, but both are the same scale. 

This is my label style setup: 

anostyle3.png

This is how it appears in modelspace: 

anostyle2.jpg

This is my viewport settings and how it appears in paperspace (zoomed in):

anostyle1.png

The text height in MS is 2mm, and approx 0.078mm in PS. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

--Lawrence.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: graphtype

They should automatically "size" themselves based on the scale of the viewport.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
troma

Check the Units in the page setup for the layout.  They need to be set to the same units as your layout.  (Looks like you're in mm, these units often get reset to inches so that's where I'd check first.)

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
coopdetat

I had a similar (maybe identical) problem that was isolated to the plot device in the page setup I was using.  Specifically, if the plot device is a raster plot device, that will cause the problem.  I worked directly with some Autodesk engineers to identify the cause.  They acknowledged (confirmed) that raster device was the source of the problem... there was no projection regarding when the issue would be fixed.  My conclusion was that the improper treatment of raster output as "dimensionless" led to the faulty coding that  causes this problem. Dots-Per-Inch (dpi) is an explicit dimension that should be applied to the raster output but it is not.

The prior discussion is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Improper-scaling-of-point-label-styles-using-quot-dim...

P.S. it turns out the the difference is a factor of 12, I don't know why.  If you change the plotter in the page setup to a typical plotter (HP, etc.) my problem would go away.  Not a good solution for me because I always plot to TIFF, a raster format and I can't plot w/o the problem in the way.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update
Message 5 of 5
graphtype
in reply to: troma

Thanks guys. Troma was right - the page setup units somehow got changed from mm to inches and simply changing that fixed the size. I kept trying to figure out what was wrong with my point label style but couldn't find anything.. that was a simple fix haha. 

--Lawrence.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report