Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point label dragged state settings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Justin_az282
3375 Views, 7 Replies

Point label dragged state settings

I'm trying to set up my point label styles and I don't understand how the dragged state settings work. The default setting is "as displayed" but then the leader does not flip, if I change the settings to "stacked text" the leader flips but the text is out of order. See the attached plot of some points to see what I mean, default on the right and stacked text on the left.

How can I set the point label so the leader will flip and keep the label components in the default order?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gccdaemon
in reply to: Justin_az282

Be sure to check the justification in the label editor. Setting the justification will cause your text to stay lined up propperly when you move the callout.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 8
Justin_az282

Justification seems fine, its that the point number should be first, then the point description under that. Thats how it displays by default, but by default the leader does not flip.

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

In the Stacked Text mode the text components are placed in the same order in which they are added to the style. You will need to edit the style to accomplish this.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
Justin_az282

Right I see that the point description is component 1 and that the point number is component 2, is there a way swap the two?

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

No, can't swap them. But you can copy the elevation & description components, change the anchors to reference the copies, delete the originals, then rename the copies.

EESignature
Message 7 of 8
Justin_az282

Thanks to all for the advice, I got it figured out.

Using the copy and delete method suggested above I got them in the order that I wanted.

Then I had to adjust the Anchor component, the anchor point and the text attachment point of all three componants, kinda tricky.

Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M

Glad you got it worked out. For future reference, when posting replies in the forum, please be sure to hit the Reply button on the message to which you are replying to. Your last message looks like you you were replying to yourself.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report