Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Groups Changing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
257 Views, 4 Replies

Point Groups Changing

I'm bringing in survey Data under a new point group such as "CUT1' and I have an older point group "Windrow Removal November" which is going out of date whenever I bring in New points (it gets a little excalamation point next to it) I update the point group because I still need it to create surfaces. The old point group (only this specific one) then takes some of my new points. So all of my cut 1 or cut 2 points are going in my windrow removal point group. This creates a huge problem as  need to calculate volumes monthly to reconcile with the client. I've attached a screen shot of the warning I'm getting when I update the point group. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Helen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Within the "Windrow Removal November" Point Group Properties dialog, is _All Points checked on the Point Groups Tab of Windrow Removal November ?

Verify all Tabs within this Point Group to make sure an override of sorts isn't causing the issue.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

No its not clicked

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE

What I see in your atachment is a surface error. Do you have these points and a breakline defined in the surface? This would be redundant data. Remove the points that lie on the lines and the surface no longer has duplicate points. I may be mistaken but these errors may only appear if the breakline is a 3d or 2d poly. I think the error may be suppressed if the breakline is a feature line.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

You could also have two point groups in the surface that have common points. I think this would also produce that error.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report