Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Group

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rwatson654
551 Views, 6 Replies

Point Group

I have a point group which I exclude points from but they reappear and I'm not certain why. I have two point groups, one which contains all the points and has the point style and label style set to none so the points won't display, the other is suppose to display all but the excluded points. The drawing displays the points appearance correctly until I've closed it for the night then re-open the next day. The excluded points then appear in the drawing, The excluded point numbers are on the "with numbers matching" in the Point Group Properties as they are added, but are not the next day. I have opened and close the file throughout the day without issues. All my other edits appear correctly in the drawing. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Civil 3D, 2009
Win 7 Enterprise 64bit
8 GB
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgordon
in reply to: rwatson654

look for an assign point style and point label style in the individual points. set them to none so that the point groups will define the look and feel.

Dan
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 7
rwatson654

thx for the replay. the points that are displaying which should not be have lable & point style set to none.
Message 4 of 7
ACADuser

Have you checked to determine if the point style and or label style has not been overridden ? Does a regen fix the issue ?
ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 5 of 7
rwatson654

point style and label style have not been overridden. a regen does not fix the issue. the strange thing is this only happens overnight, when no one should be accessing the file. I can open, exclude & edit the fie, close & reopen the same day without issues.
Message 6 of 7
omc-usnr

Check to see what the order of the point groups are.  IIRC, this can affect the way objects are displayed.  Since this happens after you have shut down, I'm thinking that when you reopen, the group order resets itself and shows the points you want to hide.

Reid

Message 7 of 7
bruce.jordan

rwatson654 -

In your point group, are you also including points (anything set in the include tab).  What could be happening is you are including all points, and then excluding certain point numbers.  This causes a conflict and excluded points will reappear.

If you want to include all points, but exclude certain point numbers, clear all settings on the include tab, and then exclude point numbers on the exclude tab.

-Bruce

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report