Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Group with multiple INCLUDE conditions

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
flemingengineering
1072 Views, 7 Replies

Point Group with multiple INCLUDE conditions

As I understand, if you set a couple of INCLUDE conditions for a particular Point Group, it will include all of the points that meet one condition and all of the points that meet the other condition. If this is so, how would you set it up where the points had to meet the conditions of both to be included in this point group?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: flemingengineering

Not sure what conditions you're after?

On the Include tab in point group properties is where the magic would happen.

Choices are #'s matching, z's matching, name matching, raw desc match, full desc match.

A given Point Group will honor any combo of this filtering criteria based on which categories are checked

(and populated as desired) on Include tab.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
flemingengineering
in reply to: Jay_B

Suppose you want raw desc matching Ground, and elevs matching 100. The desired result being points with Ground as desc with elev of 100. (Not all of the points with Ground as their descs and all of the points with 100 as their elevation).

Message 4 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: flemingengineering

AFAIK this will require setting up the point group using the Query Builder option.

If some 100 elevations are to remain based on raw desc etc. and some are to be excluded then your into expressions which a query builder can do.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 8
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

I just thought I'd add some graphics to Jay's reply.

Go ahead and make the point group using the "Include" tab.  Then switch to the Query Builder tab.  It'll look like the first image.  Then click on "Modify Query" and change OR to AND.

BeforeQB.png

QueryBuilder.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 6 of 8
johngordon6189
in reply to: doni49

I tend to turn off point layers that I won't need for my surface and make a point group by windowing the visible points using the point #>select in cad option to create my surface point group. If I have to further discount points from the surface, then I would either add the points to the exclude tab or edit the point group and remove the points. You never know what wild hair is going to make that instrument operator type a funky code and mess up a pre-determined workflow.
John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 7 of 8

Thank you - OR to AND - appears to be the ticket.

Message 8 of 8

I'm not sure how this is solved using query builder. Query properties are randomly shuffled once you load in an xref breaking the query for all of the point groups in query builder. This has been an issue for me since 2011 and it's still not addressed in 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report