Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Group snag

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
flemingengineering
212 Views, 6 Replies

Point Group snag

For the points I want to use to build a surface, I have been creating a TOPO point group that includes the points with matching raw description: G*. As I remember, this worked just fine. But this morning when I went thru this excercise, the TOPO point group has all of the points in it, including those that do not begin with G*.

Do I need to use the EXCLUDE property, or will INCLUDE effectively exclude everything else that doesn't match what you want included?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: flemingengineering

The Include Tab should do it, that's all we have in our "Surface Points" point group.

The points being used based on your point group definition can also be reviewed (checked / unchecked) via the listing on

the "Raw Descriptions Matching" tab in your "Topo" point group properties dialog.

Verify "Include all points" is unchecked on the include tab in pg.

It's also assumed when the surface was created the "Topo" point group was added to the surface definition.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
flemingengineering
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for your reply. "Include all Points" is not checked.

I have tried everything I can think of. I am convinced it is a software glitch. Not happy.

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

Which version & SP?

If you can, post the file here, only the "topo" point group and appropriate points needed.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 7
flemingengineering
in reply to: Jay_B

I got it to work in my Test drawing, but not in my project drawing. My project dwg has thousands of points in it. By far the largest number of points I have ever had in a dwg (almost 9000). So, this one wouldn't be practical to email to you. Thank you, though.

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

Interesting, since it's basically "all points" being used in surface definition, check the surface definition to see if another or the wrong point group might be added to the definition.

Other than that I'm out of ideas.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 7

All the responders have given good advice and you have proven that it's something to do with the dwg file since you CAN make it work in another dwg.

Have you tried deleting the group and recreating it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report