Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Group Name as Point Table Title

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kbarnettza
1663 Views, 7 Replies

Point Group Name as Point Table Title

C3D 2012

Is there a 'property' to use the Point Group Name. I need it in the Point Table Style: Title text like this:

Capture.PNG

Thx

Kevin.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: kbarnettza

As far as I know, there is no way to accomplish this. The point table name is simply text and you can't even put an AutoCAD field in there. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 8
kbarnettza
in reply to: BrianHailey

I guess so too...

I guess that a Point Table is structured to provide a list for more than one Point Group at an time. Therefore it cannot  display the name of a single Point Group in the Title. IF the structure was different, if a Point Table was specifically structured to represent a single Point Group, then the title option of Point Group name would exist.

But... Is there maybe another 'clever' way to solve this? To set up a Point Table Style void of title, a generic single Point Table Style. Somehow... fill the void title with the Point Group Name ... assuming the Style is only used with specific Point Groups. Just asking... 

Message 4 of 8
neilyj666

You can always have the DESCRIPTION as part of the table OR just have multiple TABLE styles and manually add the title for each (as per screen shot)

As Brian said there isn't a way to populate the tltle OOTB

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 8
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: neilyj666

Plus One - Please ADD this to all tables Autodesk. Such a beautiful simple feature that would save a lot of time! Rather than creating 100 table styles jsut to change the title!

Regards

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 6 of 8
kbarnettza

About 5 years later ... is this now available in the latest Point Table Style Title?

Message 7 of 8

Or even just display a list of all the point groups in the title, when there is multiple point groups.

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 8 of 8

Autodesk, we would still like this feature.

Thanks, c.2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report