AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
L Mieth
Message 1 of 4 (547 Views)

Point Elevation Display

547 Views, 3 Replies
12-29-2004 01:49 PM
I have been trying to find where to change the number of spaces behind the decimal point from three to two (thousandths to hundredths) on the point elevation displayed in the drawing. I am afraid I can not find it anywhere. I need 0.000 to display as 0.00. Can anyone please help?
Thanks,
Linda Mieth
*Angel Espinoza
Message 2 of 4 (547 Views)

Re: Point Elevation Display

12-29-2004 03:00 PM in reply to: L Mieth
Toolspace > "Settings" Tab > Expand "Point" > Expand "Label Styles" > Right Click on style to modify > Choose "Edit..." > In Label Style Composer Dialog Box > select "Layout" Tab > Select "Point Elevation" from "Component name:" Drop-down > Select the "..." in the "Value" column of the "Contents" row, this brings up the "Text Component Editor" In the Preview window on the right, Highlight what is between the Less than-Greater than symbols "<..>" Change the Precision to 3 decimal places in the dropdown on the left. Hit the Blue arrow that points to the right to transfer settings on left to window on right. Press "OK" twice Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "L Mieth" wrote in message news:12029378.1104357000582.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been trying to find where to change the number of spaces behind the decimal point from three to two (thousandths to hundredths) on the point elevation displayed in the drawing. I am afraid I can not find it anywhere. I need 0.000 to display as 0.00. Can anyone please help? > Thanks, > Linda Mieth
*Don Reichle
Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

12-30-2004 05:51 PM in reply to: L Mieth
And I'm sure it takes far less time to follow on-screen than that took to type. Or read-through. Thanks, Angel. Looks like my days of providing screen captures are coming to an abrupt end. No cheering from the gallery! :-) -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:41d3370e$1_2@newsprd01... > Toolspace > "Settings" Tab > Expand "Point" > Expand "Label Styles" > Right > Click on style to modify > Choose "Edit..." > > In Label Style Composer Dialog Box > select "Layout" Tab > Select "Point > Elevation" from "Component name:" Drop-down > > Select the "..." in the "Value" column of the "Contents" row, this brings up > the "Text Component Editor" > In the Preview window on the right, Highlight what is between the Less > than-Greater than symbols "<..>" > Change the Precision to 3 decimal places in the dropdown on the left. > Hit the Blue arrow that points to the right to transfer settings on left to > window on right. > Press "OK" twice > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > > "L Mieth" wrote in message > news:12029378.1104357000582.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have been trying to find where to change the number of spaces behind the > decimal point from three to two (thousandths to hundredths) on the point > elevation displayed in the drawing. I am afraid I can not find it anywhere. > I need 0.000 to display as 0.00. Can anyone please help? > > Thanks, > > Linda Mieth > >
Contributor
L Mieth
Message 4 of 4 (547 Views)

01-03-2005 07:22 AM in reply to: L Mieth
Thank you so much!
I just loaded Civil 3 D and I could not seem to find it in HELP. I have spent hours going thru all of the different settings now available.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.