Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Elevation Display

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2030 Views, 3 Replies

Point Elevation Display

I have been trying to find where to change the number of spaces behind the decimal point from three to two (thousandths to hundredths) on the point elevation displayed in the drawing. I am afraid I can not find it anywhere. I need 0.000 to display as 0.00. Can anyone please help?
Thanks,
Linda Mieth
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Toolspace > "Settings" Tab > Expand "Point" > Expand "Label Styles" > Right Click on style to modify > Choose "Edit..." > In Label Style Composer Dialog Box > select "Layout" Tab > Select "Point Elevation" from "Component name:" Drop-down > Select the "..." in the "Value" column of the "Contents" row, this brings up the "Text Component Editor" In the Preview window on the right, Highlight what is between the Less than-Greater than symbols "<..>" Change the Precision to 3 decimal places in the dropdown on the left. Hit the Blue arrow that points to the right to transfer settings on left to window on right. Press "OK" twice Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "L Mieth" wrote in message news:12029378.1104357000582.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been trying to find where to change the number of spaces behind the decimal point from three to two (thousandths to hundredths) on the point elevation displayed in the drawing. I am afraid I can not find it anywhere. I need 0.000 to display as 0.00. Can anyone please help? > Thanks, > Linda Mieth
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

And I'm sure it takes far less time to follow on-screen than that took to type. Or read-through. Thanks, Angel. Looks like my days of providing screen captures are coming to an abrupt end. No cheering from the gallery! :-) -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Angel Espinoza" wrote in message news:41d3370e$1_2@newsprd01... > Toolspace > "Settings" Tab > Expand "Point" > Expand "Label Styles" > Right > Click on style to modify > Choose "Edit..." > > In Label Style Composer Dialog Box > select "Layout" Tab > Select "Point > Elevation" from "Component name:" Drop-down > > Select the "..." in the "Value" column of the "Contents" row, this brings up > the "Text Component Editor" > In the Preview window on the right, Highlight what is between the Less > than-Greater than symbols "<..>" > Change the Precision to 3 decimal places in the dropdown on the left. > Hit the Blue arrow that points to the right to transfer settings on left to > window on right. > Press "OK" twice > > Angel Espinoza > KETIV Technologies > > > "L Mieth" wrote in message > news:12029378.1104357000582.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I have been trying to find where to change the number of spaces behind the > decimal point from three to two (thousandths to hundredths) on the point > elevation displayed in the drawing. I am afraid I can not find it anywhere. > I need 0.000 to display as 0.00. Can anyone please help? > > Thanks, > > Linda Mieth > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you so much!
I just loaded Civil 3 D and I could not seem to find it in HELP. I have spent hours going thru all of the different settings now available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report