Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point dragged state arrowheads point "down"?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mcloughlin
332 Views, 12 Replies

Point dragged state arrowheads point "down"?

POINTS dragged arrowhead issue 30 Oct 2014.jpg

I asked about this once before, but with no luck.  I'm using Civil 3D 2014.  I'm hoping some informed reader will catch it today.  

I append an image showing a bunch of dragged points.  All these points were shot in one field (surveying) run, and all were loaded into the drawing at the same time, from the same ASCII file.  OSNAPZ=1.

Note that the leader arrowheads in the upper right seem distorted. Why is this?  How can I correct it?

Thanks for the help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Pointdump
in reply to: mcloughlin

McL,

It almost looks like those upper-right arrowheads are in a rotated UCS. But where are your points? Please post your drawing.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 13
mcloughlin
in reply to: Pointdump

Per Dave's request, I'm posting the drawing.  Interestingly, on re-opening same, I find that different point label leader arrowheads are distorted this time.  What causes this distortion?  My UCS remains "world."  

Message 4 of 13
KirkNoonan

Pretty strange. The arrows are really pointing down. I exploded one of the points and the arrowhead is at elevation 0 while the other end of the leader is at the point elevation even though the point style is set to display everything at the point elevation. I did notice that if you reset the labels and drag them back out that it fixes the problem. I also wasn't able to re-create the original issue of the arrows pointing down.

Message 5 of 13
mcloughlin
in reply to: KirkNoonan

When you say "reset the labels," what does that mean?
Thanks for the observations.

--
Message 6 of 13
KirkNoonan

I meant resetting the label location by stecting, right-clicking and choosing that option. Then you have to drag the labels back to where they were. Not really a good solution.

Message 7 of 13
Pointdump

McL,

That's the danged-est thing I ever saw. In addition to Kirk's findings, I tried an AUDIT, which found and fixed one error which changed nothing about the arrows. I nosed around for quite a while and couldn't see anything.

I imported all the points into a shiny new drawing, and could not duplicate the problem. So now we just have to find the obscure setting that's causing it. I'll keep looking.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 8 of 13
Pointdump

McL,

I nosed around your drawing for quite a while over the weekend. I found nothing out of the ordinary. An AUDIT found 2 errors, and fixing both changed nothing I could see. But this gets weirder. I changed both the Point and Label Styles in the All Points Group to "Standard" and clicked them on in the Overrides Tab of All Points. Now we have beautiful swirly leaders. I swear I don't know what's happening. Have you given your drawing LSD or a psychotropic drug of some sort?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 13
Pointdump

McL,

A brand new Label Style I call "Swirly Leaders":

LSD.png

Then I tried importing some Point and Label Styles from one of my drawings. It didn't change the Arrowhead Problem at all. Like Kirk noticed, a re-set and re-drag fixes things:

LSD_2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 10 of 13
mcloughlin

So as yet no solution as to why these leader arrowheads are doing this,
and how the issue can be managed?
--
Message 11 of 13
mcloughlin

Alas, no such drugs available. The drawing seems to have done this on
its own, although I've noticed the arrowhead problem in a few other
drawings as well and posted about this issue earlier in the year, to no
avail. I've never had swirly leaders, thank goodness. Not yet, at least.
--
Message 12 of 13
mcloughlin

Still no solution.  The community mailer is asking me whether the problem was solved, and I'm hereby telling it NO.  

Thanks for all the help, though.

Message 13 of 13
Pointdump

Sorry, McL. Let's face it, this one is unsolvable. It's time for the words of Allen Jessup:

"If you're on Subscription, you can go to the Subscription page and start a Service Request to have Autodesk look at it. If you're on Gold Level Subscription, you can call them."

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report