Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Display

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rwatson654
363 Views, 2 Replies

Point Display

Thought I understood point styles and overrides, but things are not appearing as I would expect.  I have a dwg with three Point Groups (V-EG-SURFACE, V-TOPO and _All Points).  All the points come from a Survey Database.  V-TOPO is used to control what is displayed on the plans, V-EG-SURFACE contains points only used for the surface.  In the Prospector tab by right-clicking on Point Groups and selecting Properties, V-TOPO  has been moved to the top of the list, V-EG-SURFACE second and _All Points third.  V-TOPO does not have any Overrides selected and I would expect points to be displayed as brought in from the Survey Database.  V- EG-SURFACE has the point style and point label styles set to no display with the Overrides checked.  _All Points does not allow setting Overrides (?I can change this in other dwg's).  The issue I'm having is there are some points included in V-TOPO that are not displaying.  This continues to occur even when Overrides are turned off in all three Point Groups.  The points in question have a Point Style set to no display and a Label Style set to display.  All layers are on and thawed in model space.  If I set the override in V-TOPO to a label style that displays (including the one used for the points in question) the missing points display.

Hope this makes sense and someone can offer me suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

C3D 2011, 2013 (latest updates)

Win 7 Pro, 64-bit

16 GB RAM

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: rwatson654

@rwatson654 wrote:

The points in question have a Point Style set to no display and a Label Style set to display.

Is the PointStyle set to show the Labels?

8-8-2012 7-58-38 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
rwatson654
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks, that fixed the issue. Thought I had looked at the display. Guess I assumed it was on so therefore saw it as on the first time I look.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report