Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Display From An Xref

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Chasethewind
681 Views, 2 Replies

Point Display From An Xref

Civil 3D 2010

I will not be using Vault for project management, only data shortcuts, and Survey Databases.

When the Engineer xrefs my drawing into his drawing, the points, surface, etc... are displayed as expected (Well, because I saved the drawing the way he is seeing it now). However he would like to change the point display properties. Is this even posible because it is an xref, or do I need to insert the points into his drawing (really really, do not want to do), so he can do whatever he wants?

Thanks,

Cory
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Chasethewind

He can't change the display because it is an XREF, you can change them in your drawing for him and he can then reload the xref. The other option is do what you don't really really want to do.
Message 3 of 3
petrocat
in reply to: Chasethewind

If you are using a survey point database, just have him insert the points into whatever drawing he wants, and change the point style there.

What I mean to say is, what do you see wrong with putting points in another drawing. He can delete points and change what ever as long as he doesn't update the database from the drawing. Right? I thought that was the advantage of the database. Edited by: petrocat on Apr 7, 2010 3:17 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report