Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point DescKey Set

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
422 Views, 6 Replies

Point DescKey Set

i have created a .dwt file for beginning new projects. as each new project unfolds, new settings are modified which i then copy back to the .dwt file. this has been working very well...until now. i have created a DescKey Set in my latest project that is quite extensive and i now want to copy it back to the .dwt file. everything else that i have updated was done using the drag and drop method. the DescKey set doesn't allow this. can the DescKey Set be copied/exported and imported into another file? if so, how? i have searched the 'help' file as well as the discussion threads but have been unsuccessful in locating the procedure.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tscheevel
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't tried this so I may be taking a shot in the dark. Have you tried going into the settings tab of toolspace and using copy and paste from your right click menu?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

yes. on the settings tab in toolspace, if you right click on the DescKey set and select 'copy', a copy is made in the same drawing. i have also tried to copy by selecting all the keys in the set while in the 'edit DescKeys' panorama but all i can do with that is paste into a text file.
Message 4 of 7
nzeeben

I haven't tried it, but my first thought is to try and landxml the desckeys out of the drawing and into your dwt. Let me know how it goes.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Its a bit convoluted, but I believe this will get you there.

1.)In the drawing that has the Desc Key you want to copy, in the Toolspace Settings tab, right-click the name of the of the drawing. Choose Edit LandXML Settings.

2.) In the Export tab expand Point Export Settings turn Export Description Keys to ON.

3.) In the General pull-down menu choose Export LandXML. I exported only the Point Groups (unless there's more that you want to add to the DWT file that is) using the filter method.

4.) Open the .DWT file that you need the Desc Keys in. Under the General pull-down menu choose Import XML. Import the CGPoints.

5.)You will need to delete the points that come in (as well as the Point Groups in the Prospector), but if you check the Settings under Points that Desc Key file will be in the DWT file. Save it and you should be able to use it from there on out.

HTH
Russ
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

thanks for the post. the 'export landxml' option will export the point data, but not the DescKey Set. upon import, the points desc has reverted back to the raw data.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Russ!!!!!
it worked perfectly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report